With both the ALCS and NLCS moving closer to their endings and the World Series on the horizon, what am I thinking about these days? The 2014 New York Yankees schedule, of course.
If you click here you will be taken to the full schedule, highlights of which include:
* Starting the season where things left off: against the Astros in Houston.
* An April series against the Cubs in Chicago. What if...?
* Another home-in-home series with the Mets in May. Revenge?
* Also in May, a series against the Pirates. Pushovers no more.
* Moving ahead to September, all division opponents, except for the Royals. Really?
* The season ends at Fenway with a weekend series against the Red Sox. Meaningful or not?
The Yankees will also see the Cardinals and Red in 2014. That's good. They won't see the Braves or the Nationals. That's not good.
Then again, no one knows. That's why they play the games.