1. Sign Carlos Beltran as the full-time DH. A one-year deal for Beltran would solve several problems, including the left-handed power lost when Brian McCann was traded. Besides, spending a ton of money on an Edwin Encarnacion is just not worth it.
2. Sign Kenley Jansen as the closer. Joe Madden did whatever (he thought) it took to bring a World Championship to the north side of Chicago, including over-using Aroldis Chapman. The Yankees should not take a chance on what could be damaged goods.
3. Trade Brett Gardner or Jacoby Ellsbury. No sense beating you over the head with the reasons for this. Everyone's gone over them too many times.
4. Find a taker for Chase Headley. (It's a Christmas list. I don't have to be realistic.)
5. Trade for a starting pitcher. If Headley can't be included in such a deal, Gardner certainly can. A number three (or, four) starter would work just fine.
After waiting for the new CBA to be finalized, expect the Yankees to have the front burners of the Hot Stove going at full force. I can't wait to see what they cook up!